5.26.2006

They like me! They really, really like me!

Well, before I get to the exciting news, I suppose I should first make some excuse for my disappearance from this site. I have been busying myself with other things as of late, mostly researching various ways to have my knitting designs published. I'm also engrossed in a series of books, which takes up a lot of my time at work. And most recently, I've been considering beginning TGKA's Master Knitting Program. I do have a small project on the needles right now, a simple "Yarn Over" lace shawl, and I'll be starting some "mystery projects" for my husband's anniversary gifts. (He might be reading, so I can't be too specific.) I'll try to post pictures soon, and will definitely post pics of the completed gifts.

Now then: I found out this morning that I was one of the lucky winners for Saun's blogiversary drawing! Saun has such a defined style and talent with her needles, I can't help but be drawn to her site (even if I don't always post)! I am so excited. . .it has been a long time since I won anything, much less something this cool! A huge THANK YOU, and I can't wait to receive the goodies! Woo hoo!



Next, I have to share that I taught my first knitting class last night! A really sweet co-worker of mine and her daughter came to my house and I helped them learn how to cast on and perform the knit stitch. To my delight, they didn't even become deliriously confused! Yay! Another co-worker of mine is bringing her needles this weekend and I'm to teach her, as well. Then we'll continue (hopefully) regular classes. Wish me luck!

I will try to post some pictures next week. This weekend for Memorial Day my law firm is hosting a huge lake party at my boss' house in Orlando. Water sports, volleyball, and a mammoth cookout are the order of the day! Then we'll probably pop over to Disney World for a bit of fun. Ahhhhhhhh. . .

Till next time,
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you won. I SO wanted that book *lol* I didn't even make the cut.
    I shall link you because i like your blog. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all your endeavors!!! Can't wait to see your patterns for sale :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, sis!

    Idea: knitted surf-board covers...whadda ya think?

    =^)

    >>so proud<<

    ReplyDelete