7.02.2006

Vacation Pictures and BIG NEWS!

(. . .but not that kind of news. . .)

Well, I have been extremely crafty this week! Not only did I finish my husband's socks, which he loves:



but I also finished my vacation scrapbook! I decided to scan in the pages and share with all. . .mostly so my brother and sis-in-law can see them, but the rest of you might find it interesting, too. : ) So here goes:



















Whew! Glad I got that crossed off the to-do list. Isn't it always harder to scrapbook something months after the fact? (Which reminds me. . .I still don't have my wedding album! Don't even get me started, people. . .*grumble grumble grumble*)

Also, I chose and purchased sock yarn and a pattern for my swap pal, so I'll be starting on that soon as well.

I finally broke down this weekend and decided to try my hand at making stitch markers. It went so well I decided to open up a shop just to sell them! This is so much fun and ADDICTING! The shop should be open sometime in the coming week. . .keep an eye out here for updates.

But the biggest news of the week would have to be:

1) I finally submitted my pattern for consderation at Knitty. Keep your fingers crossed, everyone! No news is good news!

2) MY BEST FRIEND FROM TEXAS IS MOVING HERE IN AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Can we all tell I'm a wee bit excited about this?) Yay yay yay!!!!

Well, with all of that said, I will leave you again for a fews days (or until my shop is open!)

Till next time,
Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Sarah!
    Just found your post on my blog..I used to live in West Palm, but then migrated north...funny. Now I am across the state! Anyway, are you still planning to make the "green" cardi from knit 1?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as if you had a great time. My husband and I did a carnival cruise a few years back now. We started in San Juan and then went south. I would love to do one again one day, the kids would love that waterslide!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray for you! i can't wait to see your pattern on knitty. and i know it's oh so exciting that laury's moving out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your scrapbook pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you are on top of things! I haven't even gotten our film from the trip developed yet, heh.
    Good luck on the knitty submission!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are wonderful! Looks like you had a great time. I love the socks you made for your husband (and your stitch markers are lovely) you've been a busy girl!!

    Fingers crossed for your pattern submission!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scrapbook is GREAT!!!! Good luck on your submission to Knitty...I'll keep my needles crossed for you!!! On top of that your best friend moving in? Is life great or what!!!

    ReplyDelete