1.03.2007

She lives!

...but just barely!

Isn't this just what we all feel like after the holidays? Come on, admit it. You want to snuggle up under a blanket and fall asleep, too!

I can't believe it's been almost a whole month since I've posted anything here! The last month has certainly gone by quickly. Whose idea was it to put Christmas and Thanksgiving so close together? Whew! Actually my holidays were great, beginning with a whirlwind trip to Texas over Thanksgiving, all the way through ending up with Christmas in Florida with my whole (including Gramma! Yay!) family here to celebrate with us. Even better news: I actually finished all of my Christmas presents! On time! Whoo hoo! (Actually, this is a slight overexaggeration, as I still have to seam up my best friend's gift...)

Here's proof:

Do I spy a homemade Anthropologie scarf and a cool Knit.1 hat? I do, I do! (Also note the sweet black velvet pageboy cap from the ever-stylish hubby!)

My parents, making their first appearance on the blog in their new matching scarves! What's that? Scarves in Texas unnecessary, you say? Absolutely....but they're great for those Alaskan cruises!


In knitting news, I finished and resubmitted my project for Knitty; hopefully Amy will like the photos this time. She's got a few to choose from; I sent 12! I've also begun working on the pinwheel sweater for Kailey; I'm using Lion Brand's Microspun and it is beautifully soft! Hopefully I'll be able to post some progress photos soon.

Happy New Year, everyone!
Till next time,
Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Ah, been missing you, sis! Both on your blog and in person. We'll have to get back soon!

    The hat is definitely getting a lot of action here, and gladly, we've been having cold weather, so it's nice...

    Nice pics! I need to get some of those. Apparently, I came home with mostly video.

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've been waiting for a new post from Sarah! And it's a great one. Thanks, Sarah. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool that you made one of the Anthropologie Rapunzel scarves too! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see Kailey's sweater!!! We loved seeing you guys at Thanksgiving and are so glad you were able to all have Christmas together! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are wishing right now that scarves weren't necessary in Texas, but we've actually been stung with a real bit of Arctic air, so these scarves have been most useful lately. I'll send you a photo to prove it, with actual ice and snow, since you Floridians have probably forgotten what that is! Thanks for your hard work to prepare us for all this!
    Mom C

    ReplyDelete