2.19.2007

Blue Stuff!

Here's a sneak peek at my newest design:

It's already finished, waiting for a bit of frogging actually, but this is all you get to see as this is being submitted for publication!

And speaking of publication, props to Saun for making the cover of Knit Simple, due out in March, and for the fabulous sea-worthy tube top in Knit.1's current issue! (Also, a big pat on my own back for making another issue of MagKnits.....be sure to check out the May issue featuring a design by yours truly....also blue!)

Here's my selection of yarn for the Absorba bathmat from Masxon Dixon Knitting:

When will she knit something that's not blue?

It turned out loverly (more pics to come soon) and I have enough yarn left over to make some dishtowels! Now everything in my kitchen will match, how nice!

I've decided to use Knit Picks' Shine Worsted in the beautiful Sunflower colorway for my version of Sahara. For the trim, I'll use some Red Heard Tiki yarn that's in my stash, probably carried along with a ribbon yarn of some kind. I'm so excited to cast on; I can't wait until my yarn arrives! This will be the first time I've ordered yarn online specifically to knit a pattern for myself!

The Valentine's Surprise I mentioned last week is still awaiting a post; I've been holding off due to some minor complications, but never fear! All will be revealed in good time. (And trust me, this one's a doozy!)

Till next time,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the Magknits publication! I can't wait to see what it is. That blue is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete