3.11.2009

Welcome!

Welcome to everyone who's filtering over my way from Knitty, and to my other five loyal readers! Today I'm excited to announce that my newest pattern, Cirque, is available through Knitty!


cute cably goodness!

These socks are in the advanced knitter category of "extraspicy" because they feature detailed patterning, including many sections of line-by-line patterning at the heel and toe, circular cables, and an "unvented" bindoff. If you're looking for a bit of a challenge or something to pay attention to, these are your socks! I'd like to thank Cindi and Lisbeth for testing these for me - my knitting group rocks!

the twist goes allllllll the way around the toe due to an unconventional three-needle bindoff

I'd also like to thank the fabulous sock tech editor over at Knitty, Kate Atherly, for helping make this pattern perfect. I hope that you will all find it to be error-free! (And in a complicated pattern, isn't that even more important than usual?)


Yes, those are both my feet. No, I wouldn't wear them like that.

Comments welcome - I'd love to know what you guys think!

Till next time,
Sarah

15 comments:

  1. I love the socks, they not only look warm and cozy but also fashionable. You're so creative, miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one of your loyal five readers, may I be the first to say I've been waiting a long time to see this in Knitty?

    I may not be extraspicy enough to handle them just yet, but I know a lot of people who will! You are so talented and inventive, and your creativity is such a wonder to behold.

    You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous! I am not a sock knitter, have a half completed pair, from turning the heel. I haven't been motivated to finish them. Just thought I would let you know I love them.

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your socks... It's def going in my queue. Thanks for contributing and good luck with all the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, good for you! I saw that yesterday and totally didn't make the connection that it YOU. :) I love the pattern and congrats on getting published in knitty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS - CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love 'em, sarah, can't wait to knit them. love to see your face and name in print. ;) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the socks! There's a missing P1 in the 3rd row of the small size written out directions. Not a huge deal, but it confused me for a second. :) Great job, I can't wait to finish these. Thanks for sharing them with us in Knitty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are 100% gorgeous. If only I was sock-knitter enough for extra spicy....

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so awesome! Love your bog too. I will be casting these on very soon. Question: which do you prefer, double points or circs?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool daughter!!!!!!!!! I continue to be amazed by your talent. I love the pattern on the socks. I am soooo impressed. YAIMP

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Congrats - I'll have to queue these up, but I'll admit I'm a little intimidated by those circles...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lady! We miss you!! That profile shot with you and that wide smile against the red wall is GORGEOUS! Hope all is well with you and Dr. McDreamy out in Tornado Alley. Looks like there's no place like home--in Kansas that is. xo RT

    Come back and see us in SoFla . . . we miss you and your inspiring creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous socks! And I really appreciate how they are shown in a solid yarn, and a painted yarn. I like how the pattern looks in the painted yarn, because that's what I have. I'm a sucker for painted yarns!

    ReplyDelete