7.13.2012

Lake Area Fiber Arts Guild Presentation

Yesterday morning, I drove down to the Lake of the Ozarks to share a little bit about what being a knitwear designer entails with the Lake Area Fiber Arts Guild. I recorded the presentation to share with all of you!



The audio fades out with the guild president asking me to pass around the samples I had taken to share with the ladies; as that bit just consists of me describing each piece, I didn't think it would be that interesting. And then they all clapped enthusiastically, and made me an honorary member of the Guild. What a lovely group of ladies! I can't wait to go back; this is a very active group with lots going on. Their extremely skilled members (one of them is a Master Weaver) eagerly share skills with each other, and I am looking forward to learning all I can from them.

______________________________________________

Mentioned in the presentation:

Jennifer Hansen, Stitch Diva Studios

Golf club cover patterns

My 3 Knitty patterns

Interweave Knits call for submissions

Twist Collective call for submissions (here's the one with loaves of bread)

Sundance Square Pencil Skirt

Limeade Fizz Shawl & Shawlette

Cathy Carron, designer extraordinaire and super helpful lady

Sweater Wizard, Sock Wizard and Stitch & Motif Maker

CYCA Sizing Charts
______________________________________________
Picks of the Day:

Want your Etsy Mini in this spot? Click here!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this, Sarah. I found it really interesting! It's a very informative talk about how designers work and their interaction with both publishers and public. And it's a little bit like having the chance to be there too!

    ReplyDelete